Ingredients for making the Chicken Ala Kiev
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Method of making the Chicken Ala Kiev
- Combine 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. On a 6×6 inch piece of aluminum foil, spread mixture to about 2×3 inches. Place this mixture in the coldest section of your freezer and freeze until firm. This can be done ahead of time.
- Remove all fat from the chicken breast. If using whole chicken breasts, cut them in half. Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of waxed paper and using a mallet, pound carefully to about 1/4 inch thickness or less.
- When butter mixture is firm, remove from freezer and cut into 6 equal pieces. Place one piece of butter on each chicken breast. Fold in edges of chicken and then roll to encase the butter completely. Secure the chicken roll with small skewers or toothpicks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with water until fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, dill weed and flour. Coat the chicken well with the seasoned flour. Dip the floured chicken in the egg mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on a shallow tray and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size deep frying pan, heat vegetable oil to medium-high. Fry chicken for about 5 minutes then turn over and fry for 5 minutes longer or until the chicken is golden brown. check weather cooked or not cut into one of the rolled chicken breasts to make sure it doesn’t have a pink interior. Serve immediately, garnished with a sliced lemon twist and a sprinkling or parsley.
Above illustrated pic is a new version with veggies and risotto, created by me for my Love on the special occasion of Valentine’s day !!