Ingredients for making the curried Laksa
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 ½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 vegetable stock cube (Knorr)
- 400ml can coconut milk or maggi coconut milk powder
- 2 tsp fermented fish sauce
- 100g rice noodles
- 2 lemon , juice of 1, the other halved
- 150g cooked king prawns
- ½ small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- bread croutons of one slice optional
Method of making the Curried Laksa
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the chilli. Cook for 1 min, then add the curry paste, stir and cook for 1 min more. Dissolve the stock cube in a large jug in 700ml boiling water, then pour into the pan and stir to combine. add in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish sauce and a little seasoning. Toss in the noodles and cook for a further 3-4 mins until softening. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the prawns and cook through until warm, about 2-3 mins. Scatter over some of the coriander.
- Serve in bowls with the remaining coriander and lime wedges on top for squeezing over, and decorate it with lemon wedge and mint leaves.
- one of my personnel favorite, its a complete meal in its own, enjoy it with your family and friends, a meal full of energy and proteins.
When you are adding the fish sauce then be careful while adding the seasoning, basically fish sauce is the only seasoning for curried Laksa.