Ingredients for making the Grilled Chicken with sherry shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 shallots, thinly sliced to yield a heaping 1/4 cup
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pcs chicken breast
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced to yield 1 cup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup Sherry, such as Harvey’s Bristol Cream, or white wine
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 20 gms assorted bell peppers
- 100 gms beet mash (optional)
- 2 cups water
Method of making the grilled chicken with sherry shallots
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil until it shimmers. Add the shallots and immediately reduce the heat to medium. Add a pinch of salt, and sauté until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a large bowl. Pat dry. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the mustard and cook for 30 seconds, stirring to incorporate it. Add the sherry, sherry vinegar, and water and bring to a simmer. Transfer the chicken pieces to the pan skin side up. Transfer pan to the oven and roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until the skin is evenly golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven, and transfer chicken to a plate to rest. Pour juices from the pan into a large bowl or large liquid measure. Let liquids sit for a minute or two until the fat rises to the surface. Use a spoon or ladle to remove fat. Taste juices. Adjust with salt or pepper. Return juices and chicken to the pan. Bring to a gentle simmer. Serve chicken with plenty of juices pooling all around.
- served hot glazed with sherry shallots and veggies of your choice along with any kind of potato mash.