Ingredients for making the Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 1 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 100 gms sticky Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
Method of making the Teriyaki Chicken
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken and let brown on bottom about 3 – 4 minutes then flip and continue to cook until center registers about 160 degrees, about 3 minutes longer.
- While chicken is cooking, in a small mixing bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together soy sauce, water, sake, mirin, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic.
- Stir the sauce in with the cooked chicken and continue to cook and toss until sauce has thickened, about 30 – 60 seconds longer.
- Serve warm garnished with green spring onions and sesame seeds if desired.along with sticky rice.
Boil the water in a pot then add the rice till its done/cooked retain the water inside and keep a side covered with a lid, so that remaining water will be absorbed in the rice.served hot with teriyaki chicken Gari/or any exotic green vegetables as an a side dish with this heavenly creation.