Bhindi Masala North Indian dish is surely going to tickle your palate. Here is how make Bhindi Masala with special special stint and twist.Bhindi Masala is Okra stir fried with onion, tomato and spices. It is a very popular vegan, gluten free Indian dish which is served with lentils, rice and breads.
Ingredients for making the Masala Bhindi
- Vegetable Oil – 4 tbsp
- Bhindi – 300 g (Washed, wiped and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- 100 gms chopped Onion
- 20 gms Ginger Garlic Paste
- 5 gms Green Chilli
- 80gms chopped Tomato
- 5 gms Coriander Powder
- 2.5 gms Turmeric Powder
- 5 gms Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2.5 gms Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2.5 gms Garam Masala Powder
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 3 gms Kosuri Methi
Method of making the Masala Bhindi
- Heat oil in a pan, add bhindi and sprinkle some salt and cook until bhindi is almost cooked.
- Remove the cooked bhindi on a plate.
- Add cumin seeds in the same oil and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry until they turn slightly brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry until onion turn golden brown.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt and cook until oil starts to separate from the sides of the pan.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring the curry to a boil.
- Add the fried bhindi and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add garam masala powder, lemon juice and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Serve hot with paratha or roti,along with the choice of pickle.