Ingredients for making the Chicken Dumplings
- 250g chicken mince
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp spring onions green part
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 20 pastry wrappers
- Chilli sauce or soy sauce, to serve with Chicken dumplings
Method of making the Chicken Dumplings
- In a bowl, combine mince, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, chives and cabbage.
- Stuffed with the help of the teaspoons, take mince mixture on 1 half of each wrapper and give the crescent shape, Brush edge with cold water or egg white. Fold wrappers over to enclose filling. Pleat edges together to seal. Place dumplings on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place a large steamer lined with baking paper over a wok or large saucepan of simmering water.
- Cook dumplings, covered, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, Cover to keep it warm. Serve with chilli sauce or soy sauce. very good source of proteins.