Splendid tandoori prawns masala is the ultimate tandoori recipe that gets done in less than 15 to 20 minutes.This Creamy, tangy, and spicy Prawns which just melt in your mouth. The sauce is an absolute treat over steamed rice, Paratha or roti. A perfect quick and easy preparation during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for the Tandoori Prawns Masala
- 24 medium sized prawns
- 2 tbsp cilantro for garnish
- 2 tbsp Butter
For the marination of Prawns
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) yogurt
- 1 tbsp minced/chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp grated/chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp hot cayenne
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (as per taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/8 tsp orange tandoori color (optional)
Marination for the prawns
- Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Clean and devein prawns – I leave the tails on but you can take them off as well.
- Drain the prawn well and pat them dry.
- Add prawns to the marinade and coat them well.
- Set aside.
- Alternatively, leave the prawns to marinade from an hour on the counter or up to 12 hours in the fridge.
Saute the cooked prawns in the gravy
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the marinated prawns along with the marinade
- Cook on medium stirring so it does not stick to the pan
- Continue to cook stirring until prawns change color to light pink. add little stock to make it sauce/gravy let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes so that the gravy becomes thick.
- Check weather the prawns becomes cooked or cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, adjust he seasoning, add butter and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Served hot with any Indian bread or steam rice.