Ingredients for making the Paneer Labbadar
for making the Puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomato, cube
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 pods cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 15 cashew / kaju
- ½ tsp salt
Ingredients for making the Paneer Lababdar
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 chilli, slit
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 120 Gms Paneer for making the roll (Cottage Cheese Roll)
- 20 Gams Paneer/Grated Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp cream / malai
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 10 gms Chronji
- 10 gms Raisins
- 10 gms Mawa/Khoya
Method of making the Chef Special Paneer Lababdar
- Cut the paneet into thin sheets so you can stuffed and make a roll out of it. (Stuffing Ingredients)
- firstly, heat 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp oil.
- saute 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 chilli and 1 tsp kasuri methi until it turns aromatic.
- further, add 1 onion and saute well until the onions turn golden brown.
- keeping the flame on low add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp cumin powder.
- add in prepared tomato puree and mix well.
- cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the oil is released from masala paste.
- add 1 cup water, ¼ tsp salt and mix well.
- furthermore, add rolls of paneer cut diagonally paneer and 2 tbsp grated paneer. mix and cook well.
- turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp cream. mix until the cream is combined well.
- additionally, add ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander, mixed well and fried onions, Butter dollops and enjoy paneer lababdar with roti / chapati or with steam rice.
you can take the Paneer cubes as well instead of Paneer stuffed roll, which is easy to prepare just for a stunt only i convert it into rolls. Enjoy this authentic delicacy with your loved one and show your master skills.