Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 Ready made Meat patty
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, chopped, or 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cucumbers, cut into angled 1-inch slices
Method of preparation
- Heat small saucepan over medium high heat. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, garlic and red pepper flakes, if desired; cook until mixture begins to simmer and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In heat-proof bowl, toss dill, bay leaf and sliced cucumbers. Pour simmering liquid over cucumbers and stir to evenly coat. Cool to room temperature or chill before serving.
Note: Pickles may be made up to 3 days in advance. Refrigerate in covered non-reactive container.