Paneer/cottage cheese is very healthy and nutritious dairy product famous around the world. In the delicacy paneer is simmered along with onion tomato and spinach gravy. This palak paneer is one of the best which you can make at home. During at any occasion Serve palak paneer with plain or flavored rice, pulao, Naan, roti or paratha. Kids are very much fond of these kind of healthy dishes of that would cook it in the right way or method.👍
Ingredients for making the Palak Paneer
- 1¼ cup Paneer (150 grams)
- 2 cups palak/spinach (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Oil/butter as needed
- 2 to 3 green chilies (deseeded)
- ¾ cup onions (fine chopped) (2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic (fine chopped)
- ½ cup tomatoes (deseeded & chopped)
- salt to taste
- 8 to 10 cashewnuts paste
- 1 tbsp almonds paste
- 3 tbsps cream
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) optional to just give the punch.
To make dish more fragrant add Whole spices for palak paneer
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin (jeera)
- 2 green cardamoms (elaichi)
- 1 inch cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung)
Method of making the Palak Paneer
Preparation for palak paneer
- Pluck only the young & tender palak leaves and discard the stems as they may leave a bitter taste.
- Add them to a large pot of water. Rinse them well for few minutes & drain to a colander.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat 1 tsp oil, Fry green chilies and spinach for 3 to 4 mins until the leaves wilt off thoroughly & raw smell of spinach has gone away.
- Second option is to blanch the palak/Spinach in 4 cups of hot water with ¼ tsp of salt for 2 mins. Then immerse in ice cold water. Drain off completely.
- Cool this mixture and Blend along with cashews to make a smooth purée.
- For paneer you cut into 1/2 inch cubes and use weather you fry them or just pan fried with little butter to make it fragrant.
Method of making palak paneer
- Again in a heavy bottom pan heat 1.5 tbsp oil and fry cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves & cumin until they start sizzling and become aromatic.
- Then add onions and fry till they becomes golden brown.
- Next fry ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes away.
- Then fry tomatoes with some salt until they break down and turn mushy. Then add cashew and almond paste.
- Add kasuri methi & garam masala. Saute until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour half cup water and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Lower the flame, add the pureed spinach.
- Mix well and cook until it begins to bubble for about 2 to 3 mins.
- Avoid overcooking. Add paneer & mix well. Adjust the seasoning then,
- Add cream and butter and Switch off the gas. Your exotic recipe of palak paneer is ready.
- Serve hot garnished with cream accompanied with Butter naan/roti or paratha. This really a awesome healthy preparation which every one will love.