One of the best organic recipe in Himachal you know yoghurt you will get at home, potatoes you can get from your fields, so have a famous delicacy of aloo Palda in pahari-style potatoes which cooked in a creamy yogurt gravy with fragrant spices like cloves and cardamom. Tempered with whole coriander seeds.
Ingredients For making the Aloo Palda
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into finger fries
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 strip of cinnamon bark
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Pinch of hing (asafetida)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 50 gms Boondi personal favorite
- 2 tablespoons of raw rice and 3 green cardamoms (grind with 4 tablespoons of water)
- 6 cups of yogurt whisked
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
Making of Aloo Palda
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- 2. Add 1 black cardamom, 1 strip of cinnamon bark, 5-6 cloves, pinch of hing and 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and whole coriander seeds, once cumin start crackling Add the sliced onions
- 3. Add 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, ¾ teaspoon turmeric,
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 5. Add the potatoes and mix well.
- 6. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes till potatoes are almost cooked.
- 7. Mix the ground rice with the whisked yogurt.
- 8. Add the yogurt mixture to potatoes and keep stirring on medium heat till the gravy comes to a boil.
- 9. Let it boil additionally for 5 minutes.
- 10. Adjust the seasoning add cilantro and serve hot along with steamed rice. It’s very delicious and nutritious dish as you know yoghurt has got so many health benefits. Enjoy this Himalayan dish with the local ingredients !!