Egg curry Anda curry have so many different versions, A dish which every one like the most, A spicy, flavorful, and easy Indian Egg Curry with hard boiled eggs cooked in aromatic, pungent and hot Indian spices with palak/ Spinach and coconut. This dish is very much common and popular in the Maharashtra and Konkani region. Lets enjoy this splendid dish with roti/ naan or paratha.
Ingredients for making the Egg Palak/Spinach Curry
- 1 sliced onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Half inch ginger
- 4 green chillies
- 7-8 almonds
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3-4 dried red chillies
- 1 tsp Haldi/ turmeric
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Salt as required
- Cooking oil as desired
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Chopped fresh coriander leavesfor garnish
Method of making egg palak/ spinach curry
- In this preparation, First grind all the aromatic ingredients like: onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and almonds to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan then add cumin seeds and then add this ground paste.
- Cook the paste for 3 to 4 minutes. Then add grated coconut, bay leaf, cloves, poppy seeds, red chillies and turmeric powder. Mix and saute for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and adjust the seasoning and Saute it till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add spinach leaves and garam masala. Saute for another 2 minutes. Take it off the flame and let it cool.
- Transfer it to the grinder and blitz it to a smooth paste. Cut boiled eggs in half and add oil in the same pan and place the boiled egg face down in it. Let it fry for 2 minutes so that the leftover masala coats the egg and chars it. Take it off the pan carefully.
- Add the ground paste back onto the pan and bring it to a boil. Adjust salt as required.
- Add water to get the desired consistency.
- Serve this special delicacy by add the egg and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander leaves, accompanied with Roti/ naan or paratha.
I just make it a different version of this egg curry you can avoid adding spinach to get the actual authentic dish, rest all the ingredients would be remain same a rich dish with grated coconut will make this dish more nutritious and healthy.