Paneer kofta Curry is a rich dish made of rich ingredients and very much nutritious, it is the mixture of cottage cheese/ Paneer which is combined with cashew nuts, Almonds and aromatic herbs and spices. It is been prepared on the special occasions or during the family gatherings. You can enjoy this fabulous dish with Naan/roti/paratha and Kulcha as per your preference people enjoy this heavenly dish with choice of their pulao, Raina and salad as well.
Ingredients for making the Paneer kofta curry
For paneer kofta recipe
- 1 cup paneer grated and mashed well
- ¼ cup Besan (Gram flour)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts (for stuffing)
- 1 tablespoon Almonds chopped (for stuffing)
- Oil for deep frying
For kofta gravy
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- ½ inch Ginger chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Green chili chopped
- 8-10 Cashew nuts chopped
- 2 Dried red chilies (preferably use Kashmiri chilies which are less spicy)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 large cups Tomato pureed
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream Amul
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon Butter
Method of making Paneer Kofta Curry
- Soak onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, cashews, and dried red chilies in warm water for 15-20 minutes. The discard the water and grind into smooth paste.
- In the same jar, puree the tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Chop the cashews and almonds for kofta stuffing and keep it ready.
Making Paneer Kofta Recipe
- Combine the kofta ingredients except for cashew, almonds in a bowl to make the dough.
- Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Take one portion, make an indentation in center and stuff with some chopped cashew nuts and almonds.
- Seal and make smooth balls and repeat the same to shape all kofta balls.
- Deep fry the kofta into hot oil on medium heat. Keep stirring them till it becomes golden brown.
- Once golden brown from all the sides, then remove and place on paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
Method of Making Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon stick, black cardamom) and sauté for 30-40 seconds or till spices get aromatic.
- Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle, mix 👌in prepared onion paste, salt and cook till it becomes thick.
- Then add tomato puree and again cook till it becomes thick and most of the moisture evaporates.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Mix in water to make gravy. Simmer the gravy until the oil leaves the side, add aromatic kapoor I Methi and garam Masala. Add cream and butter to make it more smooth and thick, cook for a while till the gravy will not reach to the right consistency. Adjust the seasoning then add the kofta just before serving.
- Served hot garnished with chopped coriander cream and butter accompanied with any sort of pulao and Indian breads of your choice.
- Please note:
- For making nuts paste soak the nuts for 15 to 20 minutes.