Bhuna Murgh/ Chicken is typically Punjabi dish which has its own way of cooking, every chef has there on style of making this dish with fresh and aromatic spices. This dish has great taste and texture which you will love to have during any special event or family gatherings. This aromatic dish will surly won your heart. Enjoy this splendid dish with Indian breads pickle, salads and raita as per your preferences .
Ingredients for making the Bhuna chicken/ Rara Murgh
- 6 boneless thighs and skinless, diced into 1 inch chunks
- 4 peeled and chopped garlic cloves
- 1 deseeded and chopped, green chilli
- 2 tbsp of chopped ginger
- 2 diced onions
- 1 tsp Haldi/ turmeric powder
- 2 tsp devi chilli/ mirachi powder
- 2 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Dhabia powder/ Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro/ Coriander
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp whole spices
- 1 bay leaf
Method of making this delicious dish Bhuna Chicken
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom pan and add whole spices then add the garlic, green chillies and ginger. Mix them for a minute in hot oil then add the chopped onions. Stir and leave to cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes
2. Once the onions have turned a golden brown colour, add the turmeric, chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala powders. Stir and cook for about a minute, once the raw ingredients would be cooked then add all the spices mentioned above and cook for some time.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes with 100ml water and a good pinch of salt. Stir together, cover the pan and allow it to come to a boil. Stir occasionally until the masala becomes nice and thick
4. Add the chicken to the pan and coat the pieces in the masala so it’s all nicely covered. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and combined with the thick masala sauce. Add the lemon juice from the freshly squeezed lemon to give a little lunch in the dish, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with naan, roti or paratha my personnel opinions best goes with butter or garlic naan.