One of my favorite sweet, Besan Ke Ladoo ❤️ As a kid I ❤️ too much sweets as I grew up. With these delicacies as my mother used to cook for my brother and sister, I fell in the love for these Ladoos and always demand for it every now and then. At that time I can eat these like a meal. Still remember those days 😋😋
Ingredients for making the Besen Ke Ladoo
- 1 cups 225 gms of gram flour/ Besen
- 1/2 Cup 110 gms desi ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 Cup 225 gms powder sugar
- 2 Tablespoon,Ghee + 2 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon elachi powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped Nuts as per your preferences e.g cashew nuts, almonds.
Method of making the Besen Ke Ladoo
- Before you start, sift the besan and then measure it. It should come to 1 cup (125 grams). Keep it aside.
- To a heavy bottom pan, add the ghee and let it melt on low heat.
- Once the ghee melts, add the sifted besan to the pan. Heat should be low at all times.
- Mix the besan and the ghee together, at first it will form a clump. Don’t worry and keep stirring, it will start to loosen up a bit.
- Keep stirring continuously on low heat. Besan will continue to loosen up and after around 15 minutes, it will turn into a smooth paste like consistency.I roasted the besan for around 25 minutes on low heat until it had a nice golden color.
- Remove pan from heat. If you want, transfer the besan to another container so that it doesn’t cook further and doesn’t burn.I didn’t transfer it. So after removing pan from heat, I kept stirring for 2 to 3 minutes until it cooled down a little.
- Then add the cardamom powder and mix and now let the besan cool down for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Do not add sugar to hot besan else the sugar will melt and then you won’t be able to bind the ladoos.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, the besan would cool down and be easy to touch. Add in the sugar and nuts/raisins (if using).
- Mix everything together until the sugar and nuts are well combined. You will get a smooth besan dough.
- Now, pinch a small bowl from the dough. Press and roll between your palm to form a round shape. Repeat with the remaining dough.You would get 8 to 10 ladoos.
- Store besan ladoo in airtight container and enjoy! You may garnish with nuts or edible silver leaves (chandi ka vark). Too but if you do not have that then also no problem you can enjoy these Ladoo at any point of time along with tea or coffee as per your preferences. Have a sweet day ! 💐💐👍👍