Mutton pepper fry is one of the most elegant dish of south India, which is very much popular in All over the region, every province has its own technique of making this pungent dish, black pepper is the spice herb which has so many health benifit most importantly it helps to regulate the blood circulation and purify the blood cells. herbal curry leaves helps in reduce the high blood pressure !!👌👍 enjoy this dish which I have bring for you from my ❤️❤️
Ingredients for making the Mutton pepper masala
- 250 gms mutton
- 100 gms mutton liver optional if you want
- 2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 and ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp gingelly oil or groundnut oil
- 1 cup water or more if needed
Method of making the Mutton Pepper Masala
- Marinate mutton and liver with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash them again and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add 4 tbsp oil. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and cook for another 2 minutes on low medium heat.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir a while. Add pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mixed all the added ingredient/ spices well. Now add mutton and liver. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water for the right consistency and stir well. Close the lid and pressure cook on low medium flame for 11-13 whistles. So that the mutton would be become tender.
- After that remove the pressure cooker from the heat and allow to cool. Once the pressure settles down, open the lid.
- Check the consistency and seasoning if needed you can add at this point of time.
- Cook the masala for a while without the lid. So that it has got the right texture and mutton should be coated well with the Masala. Let the mutton rest for a while.
- Serve this magnificent dish mutton pepper masala with malabari paratha, Jeera rice or plain rice.
- My favorite to eat it with malabari Paratha. Along with green salad and coke !❤️❤️
You can adjust the spice level as per your preference as black pepper is hot so check weather you can eat that much spicy food or not, so be careful before adding the peeper.