The Chicken Malai Curry is a mouthwatering chicken dish that’s belongs to northern subcontinent of India. The rich flavor of coconut milk in a curry mixture spiced with chicken to form tasteful chicken malai curry. It may be served with naan, roti or paratha or plain rice/ pulao.
Ingredients for making the Chicken Malai Curry
for marination of chicken
- 1 pcs chicken broiler
- 4 tablespoon hung thick curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces of onion medium size
- 1 piece tomato medium size
- 4 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 1 piece black cardamom
- 4 pieces of green cardamom
- 1 inch of cinnamon stick
- 2 piece bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 4-5 pieces cashew nut
- 2 pieces almond
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 piece chopped green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
Method of making Murgh Malai Curry
to marinate chicken
- Mix curd, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap well, then keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 hours for marination.
Pre preparation of the paste for curry
- Sliced the onions roughly and put it in the mixer jar and grind to make a fine paste and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Sliced the tomatoes and put it in the mixer jar and grind to a make tomato puree.
- Blanch the almond and cashew nuts Soak the poppy seeds in a bowl for around 10 minutes in lukewarm water. Then move it to a mixer jar and grind to a make paste. Keep the paste ready to use later.
Method of making Chicken Malai Curry
- Heat 4 tablespoons of refined oil on medium flame in a skillet, add black cumin followed by black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.
- Add chopped green chili, onion paste to the pan. Fry onion paste until onion turns light brown.
- Turn the flame to low and add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder along with salt and fry it for 5 minutes stirring continuously Then add tomato puree and fry until oil starts separating on the side of the Skillet.
- Add the marinated chicken along with the marinade to the spices combine well and cover the pan with a lid. Cook it for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally after every 3-4 minutes in low heat then cover the pan again till the chicken is slightly browned and oil leaves sides.
- Add paste of poppy seeds, cashew nut and almonds prepared earlier then add garam masala and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes. Add sugar to your taste. Adjust water if you want a thick or thin gravy and cook it till the gravy starts boiling.
- Once the chicken cooked well, check the seasoning pour cream on top and mixed well to give the unique texture.
- Served hot accompanied with Naan, roti, Paratha or peas pulao. Enjoy this superb delicacy during any occasion have great day ❤️❤️ u all 👍👍👌👌