Zafrani Murgh is abdelicacy from the cuisine of Nawabs. The Mughal cuisine, It is a typical chicken curry recipe that is high in flavours and is cooked in cashew paste to add the richness to it. Some of the important things that one should always keep in mind while cooking Mughlai chicken dishes is to ensure the chicken is cooked for longer than usual dishes and still holds tenderness. One of the delicious delicacy which you would love.👍🥰
Ingredients for making the Zaafrani Murgh
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoon fresh cream
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoon cashew paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon butter
- tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 strand saffron
- 3 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 whole green chilly
Making of Zaafrani Murgh
Soak The Saffron Strands And Wash The Chicken
Take 3 saffron strands and add them to a small bowl of water. Keep them aside. Wash and clean the chicken and pat it dry.
Prepare The Chicken Marinade
In a bowl add curd and lemon juice and mix well. In the same bowl add all the spices along with the saffron water. Mix everything well and marinade the chicken. Coat each piece well and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Cook On Medium-Low Heat And Serve!
1. Skew the marinated chicken in the skewer and cook it in the tandoor for 10 to 12Minutes once it’s half done take it from the tandoor. heat heavy bottom pan add oil add ginger garlic paste, cook for a while, add tomato paste cook for another two minutes then add all the spices as stated above. Add yoghurt and little water/ stock to make a smooth gravy. Now add the chicken pieces into it combine well cover with a lid and let it cook on medium-low heat, for at least 10-15 minutes. Once the oil comes to the surface and if the gravy becomes aromatic and smelling good, turn the off the heat add fresh cream and mixed well, add saffron/ Zaafran sprigs and garnish with slit green chilly.
Enjoy this fabulous creamiest dish with butter naan/ garlic naan or peas pulao.’one of my personnel favorite. Rich dish with cream and saffron. A royal dish from the luxurious cuisine. 😋😋🥰👍