As you know most of the people around the world are fond of Poultry especially baked chicken, as most of the body builders to fill the requirements of proteins are rely on poultry products, so I created this simple and easy recipe to go with so you can fill your hunger so quickly, you can accompanied this dish with steam rice or any sort of bread rolls or sesame bun along with salad.
Ingredients for making the Baked chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 pound), trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 large Lemons
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Chives
- 1/2 cup chopped chives, (about 1 bunch)
Method of making the Baked Chicken with chives
- First of all place chicken breast’s between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch.
- Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow glass baking dish and dredge the chicken in it. Discard the excess flour.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for about 5 to 6 minutes at 200 degree Celsius, make sure the chicken breast been cooked properly you can check it with probe thermometer.
- If you want to cook it through skillet.
- Then heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Agin heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits, until golden brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour stir to coat. Add wine, broth and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt as per your taste and keep stirring while boiling.
- Then place the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until heated through and no longer pink in the center for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and Dijon mustard until smooth turn the chicken to coat with the sauce. Stir in chives and serve hot immediately garnished with lemon slices.
- You can decorate the cooked chicken breast as illustrated above. Enjoy Bon appetite !!👍👌😘