Chicken Piccata is one of my all time favorite dishes. Tender chicken breasts are dredged in a lemon pepper flour and seared until golden. The chicken is then simmered in a fresh lemon caper white wine sauce. Enjoy 👌 this easy (yet seemingly fancy) dish over pasta or with creamy cheesy mashed potatoes to win the hearts ❤️ of your family and friends ❤️❤️👌💐
Ingredients for making the Chicken Piccata 👍
- 4 chicken breasts pounded to about 1/2 inch thick or cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
For making the sauce 🛀🏿😋
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Method of making the Chicken Piccata 😘
- Combine the flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour mixture and keep a side.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and cook chicken about 5 to 6 minutes per side or until just until cooked through. Cook in batches if you cannot fit into pan. Remove from pan and place in a dish to keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt 1/4 cup butter and add flour to create a roux. Whisk until smooth. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth whisking after each addition until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, white wine and capers. Simmer 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add chicken back to pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in parsley and decorate it with lemon slices, serve over pasta or any form of risotto as per your preference.
Enjoy this fabulous dish🥰 Bon appetite 👍