Mr. Tian’s specialities, and it is still served in a small Chengdu noodles shop that bears his name and is run by his children and grand children’s with its generous topping of bean curd, the snacks make a filling and full of noodles, but it’s traditionally served in individual bowls.
Ingredients for making dou hua mian
- 1 pound soft bean curd
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 10 ounce dried chinese flat noodles
- For Scattering
- 1/4 cup Sichuanese preserved vegetables
- 3 scallions green part
- 1/4 cup deep fried salted peanuts
- For the sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame paste
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
Method of making the dou hua mian
- Set the bean curd to simmer very gently in a pot of lightly salted water.
- Rinse the sochuanese preserved vegetables and chop it finely.
- Finely slice the scallions.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients ina large serving bowl.
- Cook the noodles accordingly, then drain them well and place in the serving bowl.
- Drain the bean curd and place it on the top.
- Scatter with the peanuts, preserved vegetables and scallions.
- Served this fragrant dish with your love ❤️ and enjoy it. 👍❤️😋