Most of the people only knows the name of Caribbean Jerk Chicken, but this dish also will leave a very good impact if you are the poultry/ Chicken Lover. One of my good friend she Used to Live on the Jamaican Island from last two decade and also foodie. She once told me during the conversation about this splendid preparation of the chicken. Which I have tried out so many times, each time it come out very well full of flavors and very tasty. You must try it out this dish and accompanied with any rice preparation.👍❤️ preferably with brown rice.
Ingredients for making the Caribbean Chicken😋👍
- 1 whole small organic chicken cut into pieces, or 3 lbs chicken breast cut into large chunks
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs
- 4-6 organic drumsticks
- 2 large tomatoes cut into diced
- 2 large onions cut into diced
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Method of making the Caribbean Chicken
- Place first 12 ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Let chicken stand in seasonings for at least 30 minutes, like in the pictures, cover and place in the fridge.
- I have done between 30 minutes to 1 hour most times. In a large heavy skillet or la cruset pot heat oil over high flame.
- Add the sugar distributed through the bottom of the pan like in the pictures. When the sugar begins to bubble and color is getting a pale to dark brown take chicken pieces and arrange them into the pan.
- Cook them on all sides until they brown a bit for about 2-3 minutes.Add ketchup, marinade, 2 cups of water and stir until blended.
- Bring chicken to a rapid boil, then lower the flame, cover pan partially, and let cook for 1 hour stirring in between 2-3 times.
- Garnished with fresh herbs and serve hot over brown rice. Enjoy and let me know your experience 👍🥰😋