In Italy the briefly cooked fresh tomato sauce is called “ pizzaiola” it is traditionally served on the top of steak. We use sirloin, but if you’d prefer to use flank steak or skirt steak, just reduce the cooking time. The sauce is also good on pasta. This is one of the best sauce along with many dishes altogether, enjoy this 😋 exotic recipe to enjoy your favorite dish with this miracles sauce. 👍❤️
Ingredients for the Steak Pizzaiola❤️😋
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chuck steak, or 2 pounds if boneless ( you can cut in to slivers/ morsels as well)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish to add aroma
Method of making the Steak Pozzaiola
- Let’s start preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat and swirl in the olive oil. Brown the meat on both sides. Remove the meat from the skillet and take the pan off the heat.
- Stir into the pan e.g, garlic, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, and whole tomatoes. Mash up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon, return the meat to the pan and spoon the sauce over it and cover tightly.
- Braise in the oven for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for an additional 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up. Check weather the meat is cooked by inserting a knife or check it with meat thermometer.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh chopped parsley leaves. Enjoy this fabulous preparation with garlic cheese bread.😘👍😋
Please note 1 ounce is around 28 gms so please take care while measuring the ingredients. Once the Sauce is ready you can use it in other preparations as well.