Valencia’s position on the coast meant people had access to a lot of good seafood to add to their dishes and though the original paella recipe used rice, meat and beans along with saffron and paprika the most popular form nowadays is seafood paella.
Ingredients for making the Paella😘👍
- 3kg Veggie paella Ardo
- 1kg mussels
- 750g squid tubes
- 300g chorizo cut into slices
- 20 raw langoustines
- 20 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 saffron sprigs
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
Method of making the Paella Royale 👍❤️
- Cut the chorizo in slices about 5mm
- Rinse the mussels and cut the squid into rings of 1 centimeter.
- Heat a very large pan on a high heat. Pour in a generous dash of olive oil and cook the seafood, chicken and chorizo until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm up the paella in a pan.
- Arrange all the cooked seafood over the paella.
- Serve hot accompanied with your choice of salad ❤️👍