Chicken Puttanesca is a healthy dish which is everyone’s favorite😀Juicy chicken thighs are simmered in a rich tomato broth with olives and capers. This dish is very much popular and can be made on the stovetop, oven or in the slow cooker. It’s naturally gluten-free and low carb, and can easily be adapted to make a delicious paleo diet 🥰
Ingredients for making the Chicken Puttanesca😘
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 medium diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can garlic fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup olives pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or basil for garnishing
- parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
Methods of making the Chicken Puttanesca👍😋
- In a heavy bottom skillet pan add oil.
- Heat over high heat and add in chicken thighs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken on both sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the onion to the same pot and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes, until it becomes translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and deglaze the pan. Scrape the browned bits off the bottom.
- Stir in chicken broth, fire roasted tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, capers and olives. Add tomato paste to give it nice color and texture.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Adjust the seasoning, garnished with flavorful herbs like parsley and basil. Served hot with either steam rice or any pasta on the side.👍😋
- You can either follow the below stated method also as per your suitability
For Slow Cooking procedures
- Cook for half an hours on low heat, once the chicken and all the ingredients been added simmer the gas for half an hour. 😘
For Baking Procedures
- Cover and roast in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked. 👍❤️