This is a delicious splendid make of Hungarian goulash you can start with onions and beef as the base and plenty of paprika. Fry the onions in butter until they are translucent.then add the fragrant stock and let it simmer to totally indulge with the rest of the ingredients. This preparation is very much nutritious and full of energy and vitamins. 👍😘 secondly, Add the beef to the pan and sear it on all sides. Next, deglaze the pan by slowly adding the beef broth to it. Once deglazed, add the tomatoes and broth and season to taste.
Ingredients for making the Hungarian Goulash 👍😋
- 2 medium onions
- 2 teaspoons butter or lard (preferred)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ pound stewing beef trimmed and cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes canned
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
To give exotic color and add on – Optional
- 1 ½ cup carrots optional
- 3 cups potatoes optional
Method of making the Hungarian Goulash👌👍
- In a large pot, melt butter and add onion, Cook till translucent.
- Stir in caraway seeds and paprika and mix well.
- In a bowl, dredge the stew beef with flour.
- Add beef to the onion mixture and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add about ¼ cup of the beef broth to lift the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Then add remaining broth, diced tomatoes (potatoes and carrots if using), salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil, cover, then reduce to a simmer for about 1 ½ -2 hours or until tender.
- served hot garnished with chopped parsley with garlic bread or soft buns as per your preferences. 👌😋 stay safe and eat healthy 💐