Seared fish at home in a tablespoon of olive oil, most of the fat is healthy unsaturated fat, and you don’t get any trans fat. You can make the meal even more healthful by choosing salmon or another fish rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fats and if you add some nutritious veggies like broccoli, cherry tomatoes and olives that will make this dish awesome, so enjoy the dish with full of vitamins and proteins which will boost your immune system.😋🙏
Ingredients of making the salmon👍
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- zest from 1 lemon
- splash of white wine
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
Method of making the Salmon👍👌
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Rub the salmon all over with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with chili flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place flesh side down in the skillet and sear until crisp and just beginning to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook 1 minute more or until your desired doneness is reached. Remove the salmon from the skillet.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan, add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes begin to burst, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add a splash of wine to create a sauce.
- Add the olives and slide the salmon back into the skillet to warm throughout.
- Serve the salmon with a side of veggies and any sauce left in the skillet. Garnish with fresh oregano.
- A healthy food for immunity boosting must have twice a week. 😘👍