Kadai is the most common utensil. It is used almost everyday in Indian household kitchen. People usually make their everyday subzi (dry vegetable dish) in the kadai. Even I do use kadai on regular basis. As their are so many health benefits as well of iron Kadai. Even most of the Indian delicacies are been served in the restaurant’s in the Kadai. So Kadai preparation is very much popular in the Indian food. So enjoy this Mushroom dish accompanied with Naan, roti or paratha as per your preferences. My favourite is with Buttery roti. 😘😊
Ingredients for making the Kadai Mushroom Masala👌😋
How to grind and roast the masala
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)
- 4 Dried red chilies broken and seeds, stem removed
For making the kadai mushroom masala❤️
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ cup Red onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 1 ½ cups Tomato finely chopped
- 8 oz or 200-250 grams or 2 cup mushrooms rinse, wipe and sliced
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) diced, green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon coriander finely chopped
- 2 no’s green chilies
Method of making the Kadai Mushroom Masala 😘
- Dry roast the coriander seeds and dried chilies on medium heat. Keep stirring constantly.
- Remove it to a plate or bowl and let it cool completely.
- Once cool grind into a powder using spice grinder or coffee grinder.
Making of kadai mushroom Masala
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add chopped onions. Sprinkle some salt and cook till onions becomes soft and translucent.
- Mix in the garlic paste. saute for a minute.
- Add freshly ground masala. Mix and cook for one minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and remaining salt. Mix and let it cook.
- Once it starts to soften, keep mashing the tomatoes with back of the spatula. As it cooks, all the moisture will evaporates. it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add capsicum and mushrooms. Mix and let it cook
- As mushroom cooks, it leaves its water. Continue cooking, water will evaporate. mushrooms will get soft and tender.
- Add garam masala and kasoori methi and stir continuously to combined well.
- Mix in chopped cilantro leaves and Finally add cream mixed in the mushrooms.
- Served hot accompanied with tawa roti. Naan, butter naan.