As you know bitter gourd/Karela has so many health benefits like cleansing of skin, lower bad cholesterol, best natural factors of weight loss, and most important it is the best source to improve your immune system and improve the eye sight as well, but some of us do not like it because of its bitterness. So this preparation is especially for you to adopt to cook in the below stated method. Stay healthy and live happily.😄🥰
Ingredients for making the Bharwan Karela 😋
• 4-5 Karela/Bitter Gourds
• 2-3 tbsp Oil
Stuffing for making the Bharwan Karela👌
• ½ cup Besan/Chickpeas Flour
• 2 tbsp Crushed Roasted Peanuts
• 1 tsp Minced Garlic
• 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
• ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
• ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 tsp Amchoor Powder
• A Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
• 1-2 tsp Oil
• Salt to taste
• ½ tsp Sugar
Method of making the Bharwan Karela 😘
1. Wash and wipe Karelas, and then cut or trim the end part of Karela. Scrap the skin roughly, and then slit it using knife without breaking or cutting into the two parts (halve).
2. Remove the seeds from Karela using your thumb or you could use small spoon and just scoop out the seeds from each Karela and keep aside.
3. Now roast the besan on low flame about 2 mins, remove it into the mixing bowl and let it cool down.
4. Add crushed peanuts, garlic, coriander seeds powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, amchoor powder, pinch of hing, sugar, salt and oil in it.
5. Mix all ingredients properly and make the mixture for stuffing.
6. Now stuff the mixture into the each prepared Karela using your fingers and thumbs.
7. Tie the stuffed Karelas with a thread so that the stuffing does not come out while cooking.
8. Heat the oil in a kadhai or pan and place the stuffed Karelas into the pan, do not stir it.
9. Cover the lid and cook it on medium flame till cooked, turn it upside down after every 2-3 minutes and check it.
10. Bharwan Karela is ready, remove the threads and serve it with roti/phulka, paratha or dal-rice.
As per your preferences and requirement. It’s really a healthy dish for your intestine.😋