Baigan ka Chokha is a traditional Bihari or Bengali recipe which is made by roasting brinjal on open flame and then mixing it with raw onions, garlic and green chillies. In Bihar, bhartas are referred to as Chokha. If you have tried the Laventine delicacy, Baba Ghanoush, you will be surprised that this rustic Bihari dish and the celebrated Mediterranean recipe have similar taste! Raw onions and garlic along with green chillies give it is a pungent taste.🥰 delicious delicacy which will win your heart😋
Ingredients for making the Baingan ka Choka 😘
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 large tomato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 heads green onion
- 2 green chilies/ jalapeño green pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped green coriander
- 1/2 slices onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Method of making Baingan ka Choka 👍
- First of all you, Wash the eggplants and tomatoes, and keep other ingredients ready.
- With knife, make 2 inch slits lengthwise along with each eggplant.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut into halves. Stuff halves into a few of the slits along the eggplants.
- Add to an open flame and roast for about 30 minutes or until the eggplants are completely charred and soft. Rotate eggplant so that all sides are roasted evenly.
- Roast tomato on an open flame until the skin is charred and easily removes from the flesh.
- Finely chop the green onions and pepper.
- Add oil to a small sauté pan on medium heat. Add chopped onions and a bit of pepper and green chilies sauté a little to get it translucent.
- When eggplants are completely roasted, remove charred skin and scoop fleshy part and roasted garlic out with a fork.
- Add eggplant to a serving dish. Then, remove skin from roasted tomato. Add tomato to the eggplant and roasted garlic and crush with a fork.
- Add green onions, pepper, green chilies, onions, chopped coriander and salt. Mix together well so the mixture will be mixed throughly.
- Serve hot by garnishing some more green coriander on top and lemon juice. This is one of my favourite and healthy recipe without any other Masala in it.❤️👍
- Please Note
No need to cook the onions, green chilies and green onions. If you want to have it raw. add these ingredients raw it will gives a very nice crunch in this fabulous dish. Please add the chilies as per your preferences.😘