What I have learnt from my mother that the benefit of this incredible fruits are beyond your expectations. It helps in curing mental stress, prevent anemia, fight against wrinkles as you can apple it’s seed on the affected area, very good for hairs and good for eyesight. Helps in prevent the digestion, good for adults to make the muscles. I hope so you understand the importance of this delicious fruit or vegetable. Once jackfruit ripe it can be eaten like that only. Include it in your diet and see the benefits🙏.
Ingredients for making the Jackfruit/ Kathal👍
- 500 gram raw Kathal/Jackfruit
- 1Cup/ 200 ml mustard oil, for frying
For making the Masala 👌
- 1 Cup/ 200 gms chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger – garlic paste
- 1 Cup chopped/ 200 gms tomato
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 gms chopped fresh green coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala you can make your own or used MDH Masala
Method for making this delicious nectar Jackfruit😋
- Before processing grease your hands well with mustard oil. Place a bowl of mustard oil next to you while cutting the jackfruit, as you will need to smear your palms with oil from time to time. Oil prevents jackfruit fibre from sticking in your hand.
- Be careful while your hands are oily so be careful while cutting the jackfruit.
- With a sharp knife remove the skin of the jackfruit. By cutting into small pieces or into half to handle it nicely.
- Cut the inner white coloured fibrous part into big dives/slivers or pieces.
- Remove any thick stem in the centre, before cutting big dices into smaller pieces.
- Do not wash the jackfruit after cutting into dices.
- Wipe off the dirt, if there any with a clean kitchen towel.
- The tender seeds inside the jackfruit has to be cooked along with the flesh as these seeds are very healthy and nutritious.
- You can marinate the jackfruit pieces as well before frying it’s up to your preferences.
Deep frying of the Jackfruit/Kathal 😘
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai or heavy bottomed pan over medium flame. Once the oil starts fuming, add jackfruit in small batches. Shallow fry the jackfruit dices on a low heat till it becomes, light brown in color. Take it out and let it rest on the strainer or colander so the excess oil may drain out.
Making of the Masala ❤️
- In the kadhai, add chopped onions sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, chopped tomato, all the spices listed above, and salt.
- Sauté the masala till it becomes fragrant and oil start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add the shallow fried jackfruit in the kadhai, stir to combine carefully so that jackfruit dices are evenly coated with the spice without breaking or becomes mushy.
- As while frying jackfruit will already cooked but for be sure let it cook for another 5 to 6 minutes under Dum.
- By this technique jackfruit dices will absorb the flavor and Masala will get into the pieces very well so that you will get the actual taste of the dish.
- Check the consistency and seasoning, take out one piece and check weather it cooks throughly as per your expectations. If you need to cook more it’s up to your palate.
- Take out the dish in a serving bowl garnish it with fresh chopped green coriander. Accompanied with buttered plain roti/ chapati but best goes well with butter naan. My personnel favorite. enjoy !👌😋