Masala puffed rice is a simple and easy snack prepared with puffed rice, peanuts, roasted chana dal and fine sev. these ingredients are have very less calories and healthy as compared to other street food options. the traditional bhel recipe contains deep-fried snacks and spicy chutney, whereas this dry bhel recipe is free from that unhealthy stuff making it more safe and palatable. As Behl Puri or chaat which is available on the beach side or by the street hawkers.😀are tasty but God knows how and in what conditions they are preparing it. 😃
Ingredients for making the Puffed Rice
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp roasted split gram dal
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 dried red chilli, broken
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp peanut oil or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 cup murmura / puffed rice /
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup hot sev
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 green chilly
- 1 teaspoon fresh green coriander
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 wedges of lemon
Method of making the Masala puffed rice😘😋
- Let start the preparation, in a kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and add ¼ cup peanut.
- saute on medium flame till the peanuts turn golden and crunchy. ( you can either fry the peanuts or roast the peanuts in the pan or in the oven at 150 degree Celsius)
- Add 2 tbsp roasted split gram dal on low flame just heat it for a time being to make it more crisp and set aside.
- Then in Kadai add 1 tsp oil, mustard, 1 dried red chilli, a pinch of hing and few curry leaves, sauté all these for a while so these are becomes fragrant and aromatic.
- Once the ingredients are combined well then add ¼ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp chilli powder. saute on low flame.
- Then add 3 cup murmura/puffed rice and mix gently coating with all the spices.
- Remove the Kadai from the stove and turn off the flame and add 1 tsp powdered sugar, ¼ tsp salt and ¾ cup hot sev. Chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilli as per your spice level, chopped fresh coriander, roasted cashews, peanuts, roasted split dal and combined all the ingredients so it mixed well.
- Served the prepared Masala puffed rice with a lemon wedge or squeeze lemon on top before serving.👌😊
If you want to store the mixture for a month or so then please do not add the chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh green chilies and fresh green coriander along with lemon. you can store this mixture in a glass jar for more then month or so, and can use as required.😊