Broccoli is a rich source of multiple vitamins, minerals and fiber. Different cooking methods may affect the vegetable’s nutrient composition, but broccoli is a healthy addition to your diet whether cooked or raw. So all the time o keep thinking to bring some thing exclusive and healthy for my readers so they can took the advantage of the lavish cooking while be healthy and cheerful. Enjoy this heavenly nectar which is full of vitamins and fibers. 👍😋
Ingredients for making the Broccoli Poriyal 🥰
- 2 cups chopped Broccoli florets
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 no’s whole dry red chilli
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp Grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 tsp Rai/ Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin-seeds/ Jeera
- 5 to 6 no’s curry leaves
- A pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chopped green coriander
- 2 fresh cut Lemon wedges
Method of making the Broccoli Poriyal👍👌
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan, temper the dry red chilli, mustard seeds, cumin seeds,hing and let it splutter for few minutes. Till it becomes fragrant.
- Add in the green chillies,curry leaves and sauté along with the tempering ingredients to get more aroma.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till the onions are translucent and slightly brown need not make it golden brown.
- Add the chopped florets of broccoli,salt and Stir-fry on medium flame till they cooked.
- Turn off the gas and sprinkle shredded coconut and combine well with fresh chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve the Broccoli Poriyal hot along with Rice and rasam or samba as per you preferences.😘👍
You can add other ingredients as well as per your taste like corn kernels, peanuts, cherry tomatoes or dry nuts. It’s up to you. Eat healthy and stay healthy is my rule for my respected readers. Enjoy 👌👍💪