Lasoode, Gum berries, Gunde and also known as Bird Lime is filled with Vitamins and helps in digestion. It also helps to fight cold, cough and various other problems related to throat. It is good for diabetic patients and helps to improve the skin texture. I personally like these healthy berries a lot because it has so many health benefits, that’s the only reason instead of write some thing delicious in the form of poultry game or meat, why should not your have to go for these healthy veggies those who are rich in so many health benefits. Enjoy😋👍
Ingredients for making the Gunde ki Subzi/Curry
- 500 grams Gunde (bird lime)
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh green coriander
- 1 potato diced or wedges
- 2 tablespoon besen
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon desi ghee
Method of making the Ginde ki Subzi
- To begin making the Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi, firstly boil the gunde and potato in a heavy bottomed pan with water, drain the water, remove the seeds and keep it aside to cool down for about an hour.
- Make a batter of the gram flour and seasoned with spices and salt, then mixed all the gunde in this batter and deep fried to get the splendid taste. After frying keep gunde at a side.
- Once this process is done, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and hing.
- Let it cook for about a minute and then add the fried gundas and potatoes and mix it properly.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and the required salt. Beat yoghurt well and mixed in the masala and combined well so that The Who mixture will mixed well.Give it a stir and let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then switch off the gas and garnish this vegetables with chopped coriander leaves, and desi ghee.
- Serve this Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi with Dal Banjara and hot butter chapaties to get the actual accence of this heavenly meal. 🥰😋 must try ! You will lick out your fingers and reminding me for this fabulous dish. 💐
Please Note: you can add ginger, garlic, onions and tomatoes also as per you taste and requirement, but I simply made it in the is method. If you don’t want to fry the gum berries then you can make as it is after boiling. Just tops this nectar with masala only, then also it will be very tasty and worth cooking.😘