Ripe papaya has so many health benefits, making a dish or recipe out of it is very easy, but every one has their own imaginations and style of cooking, same vegetables has been cooked in 1000 different ways. Raw papaya has benefits like it helps in treat constipations, helps in treat indigestion, it helps in treat hyperacidity, it helps in treat dysentery. There are so many other benefits as well.👍😋 preparation of this vegetable/fruit ! you can make out koftas, salads, kebabs and curries but most important you can make sweet dishes also one of them which is very much popular is murabba 😋
Ingredients for making the Papaya ki Subzi 👌
- 2 cups – raw papaya, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp – coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp – methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1/2 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp – oil
- salt to taste
- 2 medium onions
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp – red chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – dhania (coriander seed) powder
- 1/2″ cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 chopped tomatoes/tomato paste (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp fresh green corianders
- Make the paste of all the ingredients to get the actual taste of it.
Methods of making the raw papaya Subzi👍😋
- Peeled off raw papaya and washed and cut into dices.
- Blanch the diced papaya in salted water and drain off the water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add the ground paste listed as above then add salt, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook till gravy begins to boil. Add diced papaya, and let it simmer for 6-7 mins.check the consistency and adjust the seasoning.
- Take out the prepared veggies in a serving dish, served hot garnished with chopped coriander, accompanied with chapati, Naan or as a side dish with any rice preparation. 😋 enjoy this healthy dish and stay fit and healthy as it’s best source of reducing the wight as well.