This not a story actually it’s a truth, yesterday their was no any vegetable in the stock, so kids were asking to make noodles, but madam was looking for some this exotic, so I made of this mongra curry which was come up very well. Actually my mom used to make it during winter or during rainy season when there was problem in getting the vegetables. Trust me you must try it out, you will definitely love this delicacy from Our Land Rājasthān 🥰
Ingredients for making the Monga curry😘
- 1/2 Cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 100 ml Oil for Frying
- 4 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 6-7 Cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Piece of Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi/ Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Method of making Monga Curry
- For making the mongra follow these simple steps, add Besan 100 gms, 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala, 1 teaspoon Saunf and 1 teaspoon Salt. Add a pinch baking soda.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in the Kadai and with the help of small spoon put the Besan mixture in the hot oil and fry for 1 minute and then turn the heat to low and cook till they are golden brown on both sides and keep a side.
- In a same kadhai fry the Cumin Seeds and a pinch of hing. Make a paste of Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies and Onions. Fry it in the oil till it turns golden brown or translucent.
- Add all the masala listed above and combined well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Wash cut and chopped tomatoes or you can make the paste of it, add to the kadhai and cooked on meadium heat till the time oil leaves the side of the Kadai.
- Add one cup yoghurt to the curry,Simmer on low heat till cooked.adjust the seasoning check the consistency and then add they fried mongra into the gravy and cook for two minutes so the mongras mixed well with the curry.
- Serve hot garnish with green chilies cream if you want and accompanied with roti/paratha or rice. So here your favourite dish is ready.😋