You know chow mein is one of the best dishes you could make for a bunch of people/kids is chow mein full of meat, vegetables and awesome taste and flavor. These type of dishes work well because they’re balanced with protein, carbs, and fiber. Addition of vegetables makes it a complete meal. With your little efforts it goes a long way and can feed many mouths
Ingredients for making the spicy Lamb chow mein 👌👍
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless lamb meat
- 12oz chow mein noodles
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 3-4 stems scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1-2 wiri wiri pepper or 2 red chili peppers
- Sesame oil and Canola oil
- Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Maggie seasoning
- 2 tsp mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp adobo
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- Low sodium soy sauce, as needed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper
- 1 tsp chilly oil
Methods for making a spicy lamb Chowmeins 😋
- Willow cuts of meat into thin strips, about 2-3in length. Wash meat and pat dry.
- Season meat with all ingredients listed above, Let meat marinate overnight or a couple of hours.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and oil to water. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Strain noodles, rinse with a little cold water then spread in an aluminum foil pan.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and toss with fork. Add rest of seasonings for noodles and toss to combine. Cover with foil and set aside.
- On medium heat, add a few tbsp canola oil to saute pan. Add meat and cook until tender, about 25 minutes or more.
- Add water a little at a time to boil meat. Do not let meat dry down. When meat is tender and still has juices in pan, add to chow mein and toss with vegetables.
- In another pan, add some sesame oil to pan. Saute garlic, ginger, scallions, and pepper until fragrant.
- Add carrots and a few dashes soy sauce. Cook a few minutes until slightly tender. Add cabbage and another dash of soy sauce, cook for a minute.
- Add veggies to noodles. Mix with fork to combine veggies and noodles.
- Adjust salt and seasonings to suite your tastes. Served hot garnished with chopped spring onions and arrange it with edible flowers. This is really a great bowl full of meaty noodles which for sure you will enjoy.🥰
You can roast the lamb prior to boil/make the noodles. Marinate the lamb with fragrant ingredients like star anise, Szechwan pepper, soy and seasoning roast it in the oven at 180 degree for 45 minutes and reserve and use as required. Or you can sauté or boil the lamb before adding it to the noodles.