Apple gourd/ tinda is a water-rich vegetable, it keeps your body cool and healthy, increases urinary flow which helps excrete toxins from the kidney. It also contains a lot of fibers,which helps in digestion, relieves stomach acidity and prevents constipation. it is also very good for healthy skin and hair. So I hope you would love this vegetable to include in your seasonal diet.😋
Ingredients for making the Bharwan Tinda😘
- 8 to 10 small sized Tinda
- For stuffing
- 1 tbspn Roasted powdered sesame
- 1 tbspn Grated fresh coconut
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Red chilli pwder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tspn Turmeric powder
- 1 tspn Coriander powder
- For grinding
- 1 medium to large size tomato
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- Curry leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Fresh cream(malai)
- 20 ml canola oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery small piece
- 1/2 tspn Garam masala
Method of making the Bharwan Tinda 😋
- Let’s start with, Wash and dry tindas, peel and slit them slightly vertically and Horizontally like a cross. Make sure tinda should be crips and fresh.
- For stuffing mix all the ingredients of stuffing if it is looking dry add few drops of oil in it. Stuff this mixture in tindas and leave them for minimum 15 minutes.
- Add all the grinding ingredients in mixer jar and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds when it crackle add tomato paste in it and stir it till oil separates from it. Place stuffed tindas in it and 1/2 cup of water close the lid. Keep some water on lid and let it simmer for a while on a low flame.
- Check it carefully in between, When tindas cooked 80% add garam masala, Jaggery, salt and stuffing mixture. Hold the handle of pan and rotates it slowly.
- Again cover it and cook it fully. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and decorate it with edible flowers. Accompanied with butter naan or latcha paratha. Try it out with malabari paratha as well. Sumptuous delicious ❤️