Ker Sangri earliest is known as the nectar of the dried state Rājasthān, where there is less possibility of fresh vegetables, and it’s very much popular and staple dish in the state. Now a days we are getting all diffrent resources of fresh vegetables. But this driedherbal treat one of the best of you will try it out once. In most of the Rajasthani treats there is much use of ghee, butter, curd, besen and dried spices, because of this hot and dry weather.😋 Ker Sangri these healthy berries are very much delicious in its stir fry form👌
Ingredients for making the Ker Sangri🥰
- 120 gms Dried Ker Sangri
- 2 tsp Green Chilies/ Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5 slice Dried Raw Mango/ Amchoor soaked
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder/ Amchoor
- 3 tbsp Yogurt optional
- 1.5 tsp Pickle Masala/ Achar masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/Haldi
- Salt to taste
Tempering/ Tadka/ Waghar
- 1/4 cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seed/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed/ Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 5 Dried Whole Red Chilies
Method of making this herbal delicacy 😘
- Wash and soak ker sangri in enough water or thin butter milk overnight. add 1/2 tsp turmeric in the water.
- Next morning wash it 3-4 times in normal tap water till all the dirt get removed from the soaked ker sangri.
- In a pressure cooker add ker sangri and enough water to cover it. Pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium heat.
- Let it cool down completely then drain all the water from ker sangri. Wash it again with water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/deg. Add all the tempering ingredients in the oil as listed above.👍
- Now add chopped green chilies and boiled ker sangri in it and saute for a minute.
- Add all the dry spices in it and saute for a minute.Now add beaten curd and mix well.
- Cook on low heat till all the moisture dries up, Serve hot or cold as per your preferences.
- Chefs recommendation for Serving 😊😊😊Serve with missi roti ,poori or daal-rice or use as an instant pickle. It’s really mouth watering😋 enjoy 🍽