Stir fried dishes are very much healthy and full of proteins and vitamins, so when ever you feel hungry you can follow this quick and easy method to fill your hunger. Enjoy cooking with chef’s nectar, which is especially designed and written to enhance you cooking passion.👍
Ingredients for making the willow chicken😋
- 60 gms cashews nuts
- 200 ml Stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce, best quality such as Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into finger cuts/willow cuts
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 8 scallions (1 bunch), white and green parts separated, each cut into 1-inch pieces
- 50 gms red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
Method of making the willow chicken😋
- Prep reparations of the ingredients
- Place the cashews on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside, they will crisp up as they cool. Or you can do it on the stove as well in nonstick pan.
- Heat oil in the wok or in a heavy bottomed pan add ginger garlic, bell peppers, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce, stock and adjust the seasoning
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Add half of the chicken to the skillet and stir-fry until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer it to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet, then add the chicken, garlic and white parts of the scallions. Stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Return the first batch of chicken to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice vinegar cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce mixture to the chicken, cook, tossing, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is nicely thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the green spring onions, cashew nuts and sesame oil.pour in the shaoxing wine and tossed well.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions and accompanied with sticky rice or fried rice as per your preferences.🥰