Clay oven/Tandoor has been long known for the unique smoky flavour and slightly charred texture that it imparts to the food cooked in it. The hot earthen oven is popular for firing up a number of delicious and signature North Indian dishes, one of which is the tandoori Murgh or chicken. This is one of the most popular delight of Northen India all over the globe. Enjoy following this simple and easiest way to enjoy this fabulous Murgh/chicken delight. 😘
Ingredients Of Tandoori Murgh👍😃
- 1 kg – chicken
- 4 Tbsp yoghurt/curd
- 2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp tandoori masala or garam masala
- For red color can add 1 tsp of beet root juice
- 1 tablespoon butter for basting
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salad as per requirement
Method of making Tandoori Murgh😋
- For marination, Mix together all the ingredients (except chicken) and let it rest for some time.
- Remove the skin & clean the chicken.
- Make deep gashes in the chicken.
- Now marinate the chicken well with the spice blend, rub evenly inside-out.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours to get the actual taste of the marination.
- Preheat oven to 180-190 degree/ or cook in the clay oven.
- Braised the chicken for an 15 to 20 minutes
- Brush butter to the sides while turning.
- Cook the chicken evenly from all sides and be careful weather the chicken cooked without burning it.
- Remove from the clay oven,when cooked, sprinkle some coriander, chaat, Masala and butter and mixed well.
- Serve hot with salad, lemon wedges & mint chutney. Enjoy 👍😋