Ingredients for making the Duck Jhalfrezi 🥰
- bay leaves
- green peppers
- red peppers
- chilli powder
- coriander leaves
- cinnamon bark
- whole cloves
- ground coriander
- ground cumin
- duck breasts
- fresh ginger
- cumin seeds
- green chillies
- tomato paste
- green cardamom pods
- garam masala
- black cardamom seeds
- black cumin seeds
- black peppercorns
Method of making the Duck Jhalfrezi ❤️
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, chilli and garlic and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt and turmeric then cook so the tomatoes break down to make a lovely thick sauce.
- Add the duck and stir to coat the pieces. Reduce the heat, place the lid on the pan and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat.
- I like to add a bit of a zing to the sauce so I stir in some yoghurt, but you don’t have to.
- In a separate pan heat some oil and add the cumin seeds. Once fragrant stir in the chunky onions and peppers, tomato and the chilli, and then stir fry. You can cook these as much or as little as you like (I prefer mine with a bit of a crunch) then stir in the garam masala.
- Once the duck is cooked and the sauce has reduced stir in the vegetable mixture. simmer for a couple of minutes then serve hot garnished with edible flowers coriander sprigs or as per the garnish of your choice, accompanied with steam rice or pulao rice. Enjoy this fabulous recipe with your loved one.
- Definitely they will love this preparation ❤️
You can cooked duck breast separately in the clay oven or in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes till it’s cooked. And then you have to carve it on the Jhalfrezi sauce. Chef’ s secret!!