Chicken korma is the blend of all the aromatic herbs like cardamom, aniseed, coriander seeds, ginger garlic and mixture of onions infused with aromatic essence,cream and butter.
Ingredients for making the Chicken Korma😋
For chicken marination
- 3 no’s boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 white onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, diced small
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup ground raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk optional use fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 a small red chili, de-seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water and kewra water
Method of making the Chicken Korma😘
- Drizzle the chicken with the oil and sprinkle on the garam masala, curry powder, salt and pepper. Massage into the meat and cover, leaving to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the korma sauce: place the onions, garlic, Add the tomatoes, ginger, ground almonds, coconut milk, yogurt, red chili, pre-measured spices, and brown sugar. Stir well.add1 cup of water in the bowl of a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Measure out the spices (curry powder through nutmeg) into a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the pureed mixture and cook for a 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, until it begins to darken in color.
- Check the consistency if needed add more sugar and salt as per your preferences. Once the gravy been cooked, strain the gravy in the mash strainer to avoid to get the whole spices comes into the mouth.
- Now in a pan add the strained gravy and let it simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes along with cut pieces of diced chicken, let the chicken cooked properly then add fresh cream and butter. Finish it with rose water and Keira water.
- Serve hot with steamed basmati rice or bread of your choice like butter naan/ garlic naan.
- Enjoy this exotic delicacy from Northern India you will fell in love with it.❤️❤️