Dalcha kebab is one of the famous Northern Indian preparation which is mingle with Chickpeas lentil mixed and flavoured with chicken and infused with aromatic masala/spices which makes it delicious. Must try this easy recipe.
CHICKEN/MURGH DALCHA KEBAB
To serve: 4 Portions
Cooking Time- 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for making the Murgh Dalcha
Chicken Breast (Boneless) – 850 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste – 30 gms
Lemon Juice – 25 ml
Salt – to taste
Yellow Chilly Powder – 15 gms
Garam Masala – 5 gms
Chana Dal – 250 gms
Hung Curd -300 ml
Cream 150 ml
Nutmeg Powder- pinch
Refined Oil – 80 ml
Melted Butter – for basting
Method of making
Clean, wash and cut each chicken breast into pieces and pat dry
1. Apply ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, yellow chilli powder and garam masala, rub well, and leave aside for 1 ½ hour.
2. Soak chana dal overnight, drain water. In a blender make a fine paste and transfer it to a bowl.
Second Marination ❤️
1. In a bowl whisk hung curd, add chana dal paste, cream, nutmeg and refined oil and mixed well.
2. After squeezing out the excess moisture, put the marinated chicken pieces well and keep a side for 2 hours.
Cooking of Murgh Dalcha😋
1. Take a skewer and skew the marinated chicken pieces, keep a tray underneath to collect drippings
2. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor or over charcoal grill for 6-7 minutes
3. Remove and hang the skewer to let excess moisture drain out completely (2-3 minutes)
baste with melted butter and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Transfer cooked chicken on a plate.
5. Served hot with choice of salad and chutney.