CHICKEN/ MURG KE PARCHEY
To serve: 4 Portions
Cooking Time- 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for making the Murgh ke Parchey
Chicken Breast (Boneless) – 850 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste -2 tbsp
White pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
Shahi Jeera – ½ tsp
Refined Oil – 10 ml
Grated Processed Cheese – 200 gms
Egg White – 1 no
Cream – 400 ml
Elachi Javitri Powder – ½ tsp
Chopped Green Chilli – 5 gms
Chopped Coriander Roots – 5 gms
Melted Butter – for Basting
Method of making the Murgh ke Parchey
Clean, wash each chicken breast and flatten with steel hammer, and pat dry
3. Apply ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, half of white pepper, shahi jeera and refined oil rub well the chicken pieces and leave aside for 1 ½ hour.
4. Soak chana dal overnight, drain water. In a blender make a fine paste and transfer it to a bowl.
3. In a deep tray put grated cheese, egg, white and mix gradually with your palm, pour cream and further mix so that it becomes a smooth paste, add salt remaining white pepper powder, elachi javitri powder, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander roots and mixed well.
4. Put marinated chicken pieces into this marinate after removing the excess mixture. Apply the mixture and rub well, keep aside for at least 2 hours to get the flavour.
6. Take a skewer and skew the marinated chicken pieces, keep a tray underneath to collect drippings.
7. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor or over charcoal grill for 6-7 minutes
8. Remove and hang the skewer to let excess moisture drain out completely (2-3 minutes) baste with melted butter and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Transfer cooked chicken on a plate.
10. Served hot with choice of salad and chutney.