Ingredients for stuffed Cheesy Mishrooms
20 white button or cremini mushrooms (about 10 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion (half medium onion)
2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 to 5 cloves)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
2 ounces shredded cheese like sharp cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss as u like
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (use panko )
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or chives for serving
Method of making the stuffed Mishrooms😋
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F or you can deep fried as well as per your own preferences.
- Using a damp paper towel, brush all dirt from mushrooms. Remove the mushroom stems. Cut away and discard any hard bits of the stems then finely mince them.
- Add the mushroom caps to a rimmed baking sheet or large oven-safe skillet that fits the mushrooms in one layer.
- Toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly season with fresh ground black pepper. Arrange them cavity-side-up so that they are ready to be stuffed.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and chopped mushroom stalks, and a pinch of salt. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the onions smell sweet and are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and herbs, then cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Scrape mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the same skillet that the onions and mushrooms were cooked in.
- Place them over medium-low heat, and then cook, stirring, until they are lightly toasted; about one minute.
- Stir the cheese into the onions and garlic mixture then divide the filling between the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs on top. Bake the mushrooms until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms have softened; 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with chopped fresh herbs and arrange as per your own preference.😊